| From my seat at Kauffman Stadium. Go Royals! |
After getting ready, I changed my breakfast plans and opted for brunch at Panera. I normally would walk (my hotel is a few blocks from the edge of the Plaza), but I wanted to make up for lost time, so I took the hotel shuttle. Tibbie, the shuttle driver, was more than happy to take me and made sure I had the number in case I needed a ride back. I told her my plans for the day, which resulted in a conversation about coffee, diners, and her son. In case you were wondering, Tibbie prefers flavored coffees and her favorite is hazelnut. She also told me that her favorite place for breakfast is Winsted's Diner....they have the BEST pancakes...and I will be heading there for breakfast in the morning! And the last, fun Tibbie tidbit...she has street cred; she honked and waved at one of her homeless friends in the Plaza.
Eating alone at Panera is no big deal...been there, done that. I'm embarrassed to tell you about the amount of carbs I consumed in one sitting, but it was well worth it! After stuffing my face, I went to see the movie "Fast Five". Going to a movie alone is a little sad until you realize that you are not the only one who came alone! There were at least five other people who appeared to be alone, unless they were all together and sitting really far apart. The hardest part about going to a movie alone is looking like an idiot when laughing at all the trailers. I couldn't help myself; the trailers for "30 Minutes or Less", "The Change-Up", and "Hangover 2" were hilarious!! "Fast Five" was awesome, even though it was hard to watch Paul Walker and Vin Diesel for two hours straight ;).
After the movie I did a little shopping. Clothes shopping is normally torturous for me, but I actually enjoyed myself today. I'm a big fan of Urban Outfitters because it suits my "eclectic" fashion taste. I stopped at a few more stores, but quickly ran out of time. I will head back tomorrow to check out Forever 21 (because Kristi would want me to) and a few other stores.
I walked back to the hotel and changed just in time to head to the Royals game. Even though I was a total poser in my KC Royals gear, no one seemed to notice. While I was waiting in line to get a beer, the man behind the counter told me to get my I.D. out. After analyzing it for a minute, he said "Wow...you hold your age well!". Thanks....I think? I had a great seat and appeared to be a seasoned fan until the 7th inning when I was frozen and ready to beat the traffic out. When I left, they were tied with the Orioles 5-5. Looks like they won 6-5!
If tomorrow is as beautiful as it was today, I will be spending lots of time outside. Walking to breakfast, then to the park for some "me" time.
Ha! I have a name for the special occasion when I go to Panera bread and a movie by myself. It's called Sunday...... :) Don't feel weird about it! It's great! I think it's more relaxing to go to a movie by yourself Don't have to worry about who's paying for what, finding a row with enough seats, no one to ask you "What's going on here?" as if you have some kind of window to the future. You have to turn your phone off so NO interruptions. I'm telling you, it's one of the most relaxing things you can do....well if the movie sucks donkey balls it can put a little bit of a downer on the experience but still!!! And don't even get me started on Panera's frozen carmel.....Oh the calories are worth it!!! Enjoy it all. That's why you on this trek right?!?!?! :)
ReplyDeleteJeff