Monday, May 2, 2011

I Made It!

This is a quick post to let everyone know that I made it alive (mostly my parents who are sitting at their respective homes "worried"). Had a little trouble finding the hotel, but only because the directions said that it was on the right side of Main Street, when actually it was on the left. In true EZ fashion, I procrastinated all morning and was finding things to do so I wouldn't have to leave. For that simple fact, the kitchen and my car look amazing!
My three hour drive went fairly quick. Thanks to my husband I had about 30 years of "Top 100 Billboard Singles" to listen to. I got through 2000 and 2001 playing one, two, skip a few. I love rediscovering songs that I haven't heard forever. One of my guilty pleasures of old is "Party Up" by DMX. I think it's the theme song for the tough girl inside of me and makes her want to kick butt. With that said, I am a lover, not a fighter, although I have been in one physical fight. I would like to point out that I was NOT the instigator, but I did "win"...if there is such thing as a "winner" in that type of fight. I think that was my first and last time at the Red Willow County Fair.
Has anyone ever noticed the exorbitant amount of signs on I-29? My favorites: "Stay Alert" & "Buckle up your kids....in car seats". There was also a very distracting Wrangler billboard and a ton of road kill (raccoons could be on the verge of extinction). I don't think I have ever paid this much attention to this kind of stuff!
My surprisingly cheap hotel is shockingly under construction. There is no front entrance, so to get in and out you have to go through the gated, underground garage. My first room was uncomfortably huge; there were four pieces of furniture that were all spaced about 12 feet apart (not exaggerating). I tried to suck it up and embrace the space, but being all alone I had to pull the diva card and asked for a different room. I don't like to complain, but I don't think I would've lasted three nights. You will be happy to know that my new room is comfortably squished together...perfect for one lone soul.
Off to the Plaza for dinner! Party of one? Yes please!
So much for a quick post!
Shout out to Stephanie...the first song I heard on the radio heading out was "Hot & Cold". I'm pretty sure you were sending me telepathic messages.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it and it sounds like the road treated you well. I love driving alone singing at the top of my lungs!!! Eating alone...that takes courage. I always bring it back and sit in bed. Keep us updated. Do you have a lot of energy?! Or does a long hot bath sound good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the karaoke if you can. Nothing is better than singing to a place of strangers. You are a rockstar! Word.

    ReplyDelete